Hearts of Oak failed to keep consistent result in the league against Ashantigold SC in a barren game


Hearts of Oak played a 0-0 results game at the Accra Sports Stadium against Ashantigold SC in their Match Day 8 fixture of the 2019/2020 Ghana Premier League.


Hearts of Oak started the game on a fast note making some quick incursions inside the half of the visitors trying to find ways through Ashantigold SC’s tight defense but could not find one.

Daniel Afriyie needed someone inside the box to only have a touch to his low cross on the face goal to give Hearts of Oak the lead on the 18th minutes but found no one.

Emmanuel Nettey got booked on the 22nd minutes for a tackle to keep him cautious throughout the game.

Richard Attah saved Hearts of Oak from falling behind in the game when he saved a powerful header from Benedict Wobenu on the 35th minute.

Hearts of Oak quickly surged into attack on the 36th minute when Daniel Barnie Afriyie’s strike missed narrowly from goal after some mishaps in the box of Ashantigold SC.

Kwadwo Amoako went into the books of the referee for the last action of the half after bringing down Daniel Barnie Afriyie on the 45th minute.

Hearts of Oak failed to find the net in a half they partially dominated to give Ashantigold SC another 45 minutes to regather and refresh themselves for the second half.

In the second, Daniel Barnie Afriyie failed to scored when he came face to face with Frank Boateng on the 47th minute which could have changed the dynamics of the game in the second half.

Ashantigold SC made two consecutive enterprising moves on the 51st and 55th minute but for the brilliant reflexes of Richard Attah, Appiah McCarthy’s long drive and a powerful header failed to find the net.

Both teams started to make attacking substitutions with Eric Esso coming on for Amos Kofi Nkrumah and Emmanuel Owusu replacing Roland Amouzou.

Benjamin Eshun later came on for Benedict Wobenu to complete the substitutions for Ashantigold SC and Bernard Arthur coming for Abdul Aziz Nurudeen on the part Hearts of Oak.

All these could not make any changes in the game as it ended 0-0 after 90 minutes at the Accra Sports Stadium.

Source: sportsnet.gh.com


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here