Father to a family of six and his two children were burnt to death at Dam Site Lebanon Zone Two, a suburb of Ashaiman.
The father, Michael Apelete and his daughter, Comfort Apelete died at the fire scene while the two boys, Mawuenya and Kojo Apelete and their sister, Sarah Apelete, seriously burnt were rushed to the Tema General Hospital.
A rescuer, Haruna Abdul Amidu tells ghanaianvoiceonline.com that the man who was a fuel dealer transferred the petroleum product another container near a spot where the wife was cooking on a cold pot. Droplets of the volatile liquid on the ground later greased into contact with the fire resulting in the outbreak.
The woman managed to escape unhurt but the two boys and one girl struggled, and with the help of some neighbours were rescued and rushed to the hospital.
However, the father and his other daughter were trapped in the bedroom, hence their death instantly. Kojo Apelete, one of the three in critical states also died at the hospital a couple of hours later.
Bodies of the three have been deposited at the aforementioned facility’s Mortuary.
Meanwhile, the Ashaiman GNFS arrived at the scene after residents had put the fire which occurred around 8am out.
By: Edward Tetteh